One of the best roles in history, the Joker remains one of the most loved characters even today. And what is even more iconic is the wonderful work that Heath Ledger did in portraying the role on-screen, I still doubt that anyone else could have done a better job with the role.
However, if rumors are to be believed then the role of the joker had so deep impact on Ledger that he went into depression and died of drug overdose shortly after completing his part of ‘The Joker’ in 2008.
Heath very justifiably received the Oscar for Best Actor in a Supporting Role in 2009. Menacing, Mercurial, Drool and Diabolical as he was, Heath Ledger as ‘The Joker’ remains and will remain remembered for eternity. Talking about the role what I find particularly appealing is the playfulness of the joker as he does the mischievous role.
Here are the top 10 best dialogues (quotes) of ‘The Joker from The Dark Knight’:
- If you are good at something, never do it for free.
- I believe whatever doesn’t kill you simply makes you stranger.
- Give a man a mask and he will become his true self.
- I am not a monster, I am just ahead of the curve.
- Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity, all it takes is a little push.
- Introduce a little anarchy, upset the established order, and everything becomes chaos.
- We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us.
- The only sensible way to live in this world is without rules.
- I don’t wanna kill you. What would I do without you?
- Why so serious?